Super stoked to share with you a collab I did last week with @Fashionbyally. I created 3 recipes that are holiday themed that would be perfect for a Friendsgiving Party. This holiday season, gather your best buds and throw a Pajama Friendsgiving party! Doesn’t that sound fun? Nothing beats getting into your comfy holiday themed PJS and rocking out to holiday tunes while noshing on some delicious bites. Encourage people to bring one item to the party and preferably homemade. Think simple one-two bite items so it’s easy to eat. If you don’t know what to make, don’t worry. I have 3 super tasty and easy recipes for you to make. Be sure to check out the video on Youtube on Ally’s Channel (@Fashionbyally) or directly go to this link https://youtu.be/NNMpXyIcnw4
Spicy Turkey Sausage Meatballs with Cranberry and Thyme Glaze
Feeds: 4-10 hungry friends
1 pack of lean ground turkey meat
1 pack of spicy italian sausage
1 pack of fresh thyme
1 cup cranberry jelly
1 tablespoon mustard
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
1. Remove the sausage from the casing by squeezing it from one end to the other
2. Add all the sausage and turkey into one large mixing bowl along with parmesan, breadcrumbs and one egg whisked
3. Fully incorporate with hands and then start forming into small balls (use a small ice cream scoop if you need help measuring out the balls
4. Once done, pan sear in a hot non stick pan with a touch of olive oil
5. Should take 3-4 minutes. Remove and add all the meatballs to a sheet pan and bake in a preheated oven at 375F for another 5-8 minutes. Check for doneness by cutting in half to see if it’s cooked through.
6. In a small saucepan or pot make your cranberry glaze by adding the cranberry jelly, garlic, thyme and mustard. Let it come to a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Season with a little salt.
7. Now glaze the turkey meatballs in the sauce pan with the cranberry sauce on high heat in the original non stick pan you used to pan sear the meatballs. Coat all the meatballs in the sauce and skewer once done. Plate with some thyme leaves and serve the remaining cranberry glaze in a small bowl so people can dip for more sauce if they like.
Cinnamon Granola Apple Parfait or Pumpkin Pie Parfait
Apple Parfait Ingredients:
Vanilla Noosa Yoghurt
Your favorite granola
Rice Crispies cereal
Cooked Apple Compote (honey, diced apples, cinnamon, lemon juice)
1. Simply layer these ingredients as you wish in pretty glasses that are see through.
Pumpkin Pie Parfait Ingredients:
Pumpkin Noosa Yoghurt
Rice Crispies Cereal
Crumbled Ginger Thin Cookies or Graham Crackers
1. Simply Layer these ingredients as you wish in pretty glasses that are see through.
2. Bonus decorative idea is to garnish with cinnamon sticks:)
1. Melt the butter in a large mixing bowl in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
2. Use a rubber spatula and coat the marshmallow in the melted butter. Put back in the microwave for another 1 minute and then mix again but this time add all your ingredients except the pecans.
3. Incorporate and add into a baking pan. Be sure to line the pan with wax paper to make removing the treats easy later.
4. Spread the mixture evenly and press down with the wax paper. Chill in the fridge for 5 minutes or let it out by the window for 30 minutes.
5. Once set, you can cut the treats into equal squares or make it fun by using cookie cutters and cut into cute shapes.
Garnish with candied pecans!
A BIG Thank You to @Ryanbyryanchua for joining in on the fun and taking all these amazing images and shooting our Friendsgiving Special!