This dish is a super meal. Coconut oil speeds up your metabolism and is converted into energy faster than other foods/fats. It’s made up of short and medium fatty acids meaning it gets broken down faster and quicker in the liver. So when you can, be sure to include it in your diet. As for tumeric, it contains curcumin which is high in antixodants. Antixodants combats free radicals. Free radicals are highly reactive molecules with unpaired electrons that attached and react to our DNA and proteins. Antixodants protect us from these free radicals and neutralizes them. Thus you will find readings on how tumeric is great for anti-aging, memory boost, heart disease etc. Being mindful of what ingredients you use in your dishes is smart meal planning. Here is a dish that is easy but smart!
Coconut Tumeric Turkey Kale
16 oz ground turkey meat (breast meat)
5 net oz chopped kale
1 tsp minced garlic
2 heaping tsp of tumeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 slices of ginger (thinly sliced)
2 tablespoon virgin or unrefined coconut oil
3 tablespoon braggs soy
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp jalapeno ketchup
pinch of black pepper
1. Heat a large non stick pan to high heat and add your coconut oil
2. Once it melts, add your ground turkey and tumeric. Be sure to sweat out the powder in the oil to release the aroma and flavor. Now stir fry everything and add garam masala
3. Stir fry everything more and break down the ground turkey into small pieces.
4. Add the minced garlic and cook a bit more.
5. Finally add the kale and sliced ginger and 3 tablespoon water. Cover with lid
6. Once the kale wilts, stir and add the braggs soy and vinegar.
7. Cook on high heat and let the flavors absorb. Finish off with black pepper and chili flake if you like spicy.
8. Finally add the ketchup to bring the dish together in a balanced flavor of spicy, fragrant, sweet, savory and slightly tart.
9. Serve on it’s own or with quinoa, rice, tortillas or bread.
If you like this recipe and would like to watch me make this dish from scratch go to the link below and see all the step by step process of making this delectable and healthy dish!