Paleo Cilantro Chicken Wraps
I am a huge fan of wraps. THey are easy to eat and super quick to throw together. Unfortunately, most wraps are made with some form of carb (tortilla, lavash, etc) unless you do a lettuce wrap. These days you can find low carb tortilla and lavash but it still doesn’t cut it for me. When I want to eat clean and cut out as much sugars and carb out of my diet, I have to find better alternatives. After scouring online and at the markets, I found Julian’s Paleo Wraps which is made from coconut. These wraps are very thin, kind of reminds me of the super thin and light crepe skins for peking duck. It’s perfect! Now for the filling…I love fresh flavorful salads for wraps, so I decided to make a chicken salad using a very flavorful dressing. The cilantro jalapeno dressing I whipped up real quick in my blender and poof you got a super delicious and guilt free Paleo Wrap!
Paleo Cilantro Chicken Wrap
Ingredients: Serves 1
1/2 cup boiled ground chicken breast meat or diced chicken breast (cold)
1 cup mixed greens
1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
1-2 sheets of Julian’s Paleo Wraps
Happy Green Dressing:
1 cup cilantro
1 cup dill
half a jalapeno (remove seeds and slice)
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs water
salt and pepper to taste
1. If you don’t have pre cooked chicken laying around to use, you can make some in a jiffy. You can boil ground chicken breast and run under cold water once it’s done to chill it down a bit.
2. Once you have the chicken you can put all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
3. Make your dressing by blending all those ingredients in a blender. Then pour over your salad and toss
4. Taste and season again if you need more salt and pepper
5. Serve the salad by adding some into the Paleo wrap and fold into a wrap. Enjoy!