Halloween is just around the corner and all those fall holidays mean fall recipes. Fall is one of my favorite seasons for food. And pumpkin is one ingredient which makes me immediately associate Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all together. You can make delicious savory pumpkin dishes and sweet pumpkin treats. It’s extremely versatile and is also good for you:)
Here is one sweet twist on an Asian Savory Classic. Rather than the pork filled eggrolls you see on Dim Sum Carts, I made a dessert version by filling them in with sweet pumpkin filling and drizzled it in caramel sauce.
2 cans of pumpkin
½ cup condensed milk
¼ cup shredded coconutnut
¼ cup honey
½ chopped candied pecans
1 pack of eggrolls skins
1 egg whisked
1. Mix all your ingredients together other than the egg and the skins.
2. Taste and add more honey or condensed milk if you like it sweeter
3. Peel the eggroll skin and place the square shaped skin with one of the corners facing you.
4. Place a tablespoon of the pumpkin filling on the bottom part of the skin closer to you and the corner. ( not the center)
5. Start rolling the by pulling the corner close to you over the filling. Tuck it in and keep rolling until you are at the middle of the square.
6. Now pull the right side over the middle by folding it over the middle.
7. Repeat and pull the left side of the middle so it is folded over the middle and on top of the right side.
8. Now keep rolling with both right and left side tucked into it as you roll.
9. Complete the roll by dabbing some egg on the top corner and sealing it.
10. Finish rolling all of them and fry in hot oil at 375F
11. Drain on paper towels and serve with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, or by itself.
Find more of my Asian Inspired Recipes for Fall or Thanksgiving by going to The Daily Meal site or by going to the link below
I’ve got a whole list of recipes you can try out!