Lately I’ve been obsessed with the sesame broccoli salad at Whole Food’s. The citrus, soy, and sesame oil in the salad makes for a resfreshing and light healthy salad. I wanted to incorporate this flavor into my noodle salad and also add some protein so that it can be enjoyed as one full meal. It makes for a perfect packed lunch since it keeps well and can be be far in advance (i.e the night before)
Broccoli Chicken Noodle Salad
Ingredients: Serves 1
1 handful of fresh pasta or Chinese egg noodle (cooked till a little past al dente)
juice of half an orange
juice of half a lemon
1/4 cup soy or braggs
4 tablespoon agave
2 teaspoon black pepper
5 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup blanched brocolli (chill)
1/2 cup grilled chicken or boiled chicken (shredded)
1 teapoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced ginger
optional :caramelized red peppers for garnish
1. Cook your noodles and then rinse in cold water and chill in the fridge with some sesame oil tossed in it so it doesn’t stick
2. Blanch your broccoli and cook until slightly soft but still crunches when you bite through te middle
3. Also chill the broccolli in the fridge.
4. Work on dressing by mixing all the seasoning in a bowl and whisk until the sesame oil is fully incorporated.
5. Now toss the dressing into a bowl with your noodles and chicken.
6. Season with more dressing if you want more flavor.
7. Leave some dressing for tossing your broccoli salad. Once your noodles are ready, place in a bowl and garnish around it with the broccoli and top with the bell pepper.
Pack and take it with you for a nice lunch the next day!