Cold Sesame Somen Salad
Here is a great recipe for you to make in under 10 minutes that is easy to pack as a lunch. It’s light and perfect for a hot day. It’s a healthy noodle salad you will want to add to your daily lunch repertoire. Check out the simple recipe!
Cold Sesame Somen Salad with Shredded Chicken Breast
1 thin slice of chicken breast (boiled and hand shredded)
1 single serving of dry somen
1/4 cup julienned cucumber
1/4 cup corn
1/4 cup thinly sliced snow peas (blanched)
2 tablespoon diced green onions
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 tablespooon soy
1 tablespoon honey or sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoon sesame paste
whisk vigorously until incorporated
1. Boil chicken, let it cool and then shred. You can also use pre-roasted chicken and use the breast meat and shred that if you don’t have time to boil your own chicken.
2. Bring a medium size pot of water to a boil and add your somen and cook until done.
3. Drain your noodles in a colander and run cold water over it to cool it down.
4. Set aside and drizzle a little sesame oil over it so the noodles do not stick together.
5. Prep all your veggies, corn, snow peas, green onions.
6. Now add your noodles to your bowl and top with the chicken, corn, and snow peas.
7. Add your cucumbers
and then green onions
8. Enjoy right away or cover and store in fridge to be enjoyed later. In my case I brought it to work as lunch the next day.