Citrus Soy Salmon with Garlic Spinach
Ingredients: Serves 2
2 pieces of fresh Atlantic Salmon
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup soy
4 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 bag of washed baby spinach
3 cloves of garlic sliced
1. Wash your salmon and pat dry before placing into a bowl
2. Add your marinade of soy, lemon, honey, garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Do not add the sliced garlic as it’s for the spinach.
3. Marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Heat a wok up with some olive oil and brown your sliced garlic.
5. Add your spinach and 1 tablespoon water as well as some sea salt.
6. Once the spinach wilts, turn the heat off. Taste before serving on a plate. And here is a pretty plating tip for spinach. Squeeze the excess liquid out with tongs and place tightly on a plate.
7. In a separate pan, heat with olive oil on high.
8. Remove the salmon from your bowl and pat dry. Pan fry the salmon on both sides until you get a crust.
9. Now bring down the heat and cover with a lid and let it cook until medium rare.
10. Remove the lid and turn the heat back up and pan fry until golden brown or skin is crisp.
11. Remove the salmon and plate.
12. Add the remainder of the marinade into the pan and cook until the sauce heats up. Taste and add more honey if you wish it to be less salty and sweeter. Toss in your scallions and give it a quick stir.
13. Drizzle some of the sauce with the scallion on top of the salmon and serve!