Here is another Snack/Lunch Pack I made recently. This one has two sandwiches and a small box of low fat cheese sticks. I paired that with my homemade 10 minute Chicken Noodle Soup.
1. I made a roasted turkey, cranberry and cream cheese sandwich using whole wheat bread and low fat whipped cream cheese.(Snack)
2. I also made a sweet sandwich using apples, peanut butter, and strawberry jam on whole wheat.(Snack)
3. The cheese sticks I used low fat cheddar sticks and skim mozzarella sticks. (Snack)
4. 10 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup (main meal)
10 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
1 carton of low sodium chicken stock/broth
1.5 cup shredded chicken breast meat (poached beforehand)
1/2 cup dried mini farfalle pasta (bow tie pasta)
1/4 cup sliced baby carrots
1/4 cup finely chopped broccoli
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 tablespoon minced shallots
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper
1. Bring your chicken stock to a boil and add your carrots and broccoli and let it boil on medium heat.
2. Add your pasta and let it boil until al dente.
3. Now add your shredded chicken, parsley, shallots, seasoning and let it boil for another 2 minutes.
4. Pour the contents into a box or container and let it cool before putting the lid on.
Pack everything together and take it with you to work the next day 🙂