What do you do with leftover oatmeal?
…Make a super delicious restaurant quality High Protein “Muesli” with it!
If you are at all like me, I get extremely hungry in the morning and usually make a giant bowl of oatmeal. However, sometimes our schedules don’t allow us to eat properly and we get carried away with work and end up with cold leftover oatmeal. After having half eaten oatmeal get thrown out several times a month I decided to do something with the leftover and create something delectable with it so we don’t waste 🙂 So I came up with
High Protein “Muesli” with leftover oatmeal
1/2-3/4 cup left over oatmeal
1 handful of dry instant oatmeal
1 cup soy milk
3 tablespoons honey
small handful of raisins
small handful of sliced almonds
2 tablespoons chia seed powder
optional: 2 tablespoons wheat germ
1 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
optional: sliced bananas
1. Add your soy milk to your leftover oatmeal along with your dry instant oatmeal, raisins, 2 tablespoons of honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
2. Whisk everything together until fully incorporated and cover. Be sure everything is soaked in the soy milk.If you don’t have enough soy, add more to make the mixture wet like wet sand.
3. Place in your fridge overnight.
4. Pull it out the next morning or whenever you are hungry and add 1 more tablespoon of honey, 1 cup of almond milk, your wheat germ and chia seeds.
5. Whisk with a spoon and add sliced bananas and top with slivered almonds.
6. Enjoy immediately!
It’s not only a super healthy, satisfying, and tasty meal it’s also something you made from leftovers. Now how great is that? Happy Wednesday!