Kat’s Fancy Italian Mcmuffin
I absolutely love this fancy version of a breakfast mcmuffin sandwich. All the ingredients in this English Muffin sandwich is so fresh and amazing together, it not only feels good to be eating this but it also tastes better than the greasy ham cheese egg mcmuffin you would get at a fast food joint. Try this easy to make Italian Inspired Mcmuffin and you’ll be in love.
Kat’s Fancy Italian McMuffin
Ingredients: Serves 1
1 English muffin (Leadbetter’s Brand from Whole Foods)
This version is heartier and little denser than the typical English Muffin. It toasts perfectly and gives you just enough bread to balance out the rest of the ingredients
1 container of fresh burrata
1/4 lb maple honey ham (sliced from Whole Food’s deli)
4-5 fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoon fresh pesto (store bought)
1 thick slice of heirloom tomato
olive oil for drizzling
fresh cracked black pepper
1. Toast your english muffin to golden brown
2. Spread your pesto on both sides of the toasted english muffin
3. Now place your thick slice of heirloom tomato. Sprinkle some sea salt on top, fresh cracked black pepper and olive oil.
4. Layer the ham on top (2-3 slices)
5. Top with a very generous dollop of burrata. Sprinkle some sea salt on top, fresh cracked black pepper and olive oil.
6. Top with basil leaves
And drizzle olive oil on top of the basil leaves as well and sprinkle one small last bit of salt and pepper.
7. Cover your mcmuffin.
8. Slice in half before you dig in.
The beautiful gooey and creamy burrata smears into your sandwich making it taste so rich and amazing.
This breakfast/brunch sandwich is definitely finger licking good.