Here’s an awesome vegetarian dumpling recipe that I came up with today for lunch while working at House of Nanking.
Bokchoy Spinach Zucchini Sesame Dumplings
Ingredients: 18~22 dumplings
2 stalks bokchoy, minced
1 cup spinach, (blanched and chopped)
1 cup minced zucchini
3 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon minced ginger
3 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chili oil (optional)
water for sealing
1. Add your all veggies in a bowl
2. Now add your seasoning plus sesame seeds and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning. It’s better to not make the filling not very salty as you will be using some form of dipping sauce for the dumplings.
3. Place the filling in the center of the dumpling skin.
4. Fold the skin over into a half circle and seal edges with water.
5. Now dab water to one edge of the half circle and bring the two edges together and place one edge on top of the other and stick together.
6. Make all of them and cook in boiling water for 2 minutes.
7. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce
Dipping Sauce :
3 tablespoons soy
1 tablespoon sesame oil,
1 teaspoon siracha or chili paste 1 teaspoon white vinegar