Turkey, Tofu, Bokchoy Soup
This is total comfort food for me. These are the types of soups that I grew up with. My grandmother would make simple chicken stock and add healthy and light vegetables and tofu to the stock so it doubles as soup and as a dish. We would fish out the goodies in the soup and dip it into soy sauce. The flavors are always very light. You never have to feel guilty having this. Here is my version. I made some turkey scallion meatballs to toss into the soup to make it more substantial. I kept the soft tofu and bokchoy element to the soup which my grandmother use to always add to the stock. Hope you enjoy it!
For turkey meatball :
3/4 lb ground white turkey meat
2 tablespoons of soy
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon ginger powder or fresh minced ginger
3 tablespoon minced scallions
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon rice wine
2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Mix all the ingredients for the turkey meat balls in a bowl.
2. Bring your chicken stock to a boil.
3. Form your turkey meatballs into small bowls using a spoon and drop each into your boiling stock.
4. Let all the meatballs cook in your stock until they float. (that means they are done)
5. Add your tofu and bokchoy into your stock and let it boil for 5 minutes before putting it down to simmer.
6. Let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste if you need it.
8. Garnish with green onions and serve with soy dipping sauce and some steamed white rice :)