This is a super quick way to make a healthy turkey sandwich using pita which I like to call Pita-wich :)
I actually came up with this recipe on the fly when I was at Whole Foods shopping for groceries when I got a call to meet my friends to play 18 holes in 40 mins. I needed a healthy lunch real quick which required 5 minutes to put together and was packable so I could eat it while I was on the road. And this is what I came up with. It was perfect. Tasty, healthy and filling and took less than 5 minutes to put together.
Healthy Turkey Pita-Wich
Ingredients: (makes 2)
4 Tablespoon Hummus
4 Slices of Turkey Deli Meat
1/2 cup tabbouleh
1. Lightly toast or warm your pita and slice in half.
2. Spread hummus over your pita
3. Layer 2 slices of turkey on top.
4. Top with tabbouleh
5. Top with the other side of the pita.
6. Wrap up in foil and take it to go or enjoy right away on a plate!