Great Vegetarian Brunch Recipe
This is a perfect simple brunch dish to make guests. It only requires 6 key ingredients and a few spices/seasoning. It’s important to cook the spaghetti just right in this dish and to season everything perfectly. During this time, the Farmer’s Market is oozing with fresh ingredients and produce. I found some amazing brocollini at the Market and decided to make a simple dish featuring the vegetable and that is how I came up with today’s Brunch dish.
Garlic Brocollini Spaghetti with Poached Eggs and Grated Parmigiano Reggianno and Pecorino
Ingredients: Serves 2
2 whole eggs
2 handfuls of spaghetti (dry pasta)
1/2 cup grated pecorino
1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon chili flakes
1. Heat a large pot of water with salt
2. Heat a non stick pan with olive oil and add your brocollini. Stir fry until it caramelizes a bit. You may need to add a little of the pasta water to the pan to help it cook down a little so it doesn’t burn.
3. Add generous amounts of sea salt, black pepper, chili flake, and toss.
4. Poach your eggs on the side (using a small pot of water with 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar in it)
5. Once your pasta is al dente (cooked but still has a little bite in the center) add to your pan with the brocollini.
6. Toss everything together and add your cheese (pecorino and parmigiano). Toss and taste.
7. Season with more salt and pepper if you need it.
8. If it’s a bit dry, you can add a little pasta water.
9. Plate immediately and top with poached egg and drizzle olive oil on top.
10. Serve with bread (in my case, I toasted pita bread)