Snow Pea Crab Scramble w/ Sweet Chili Sauce
This is my version of a Thai Omelette. I remember eating these amazing omelettes every morning with some fish sauce, fresh chilis, lime juice, and rice. Here is my take on it and I’m serving it as a dinner entree with some coconut scented brown jasmine rice and a chicken curry. This post will feature just the omelette. I will post recipes for the coconut scented rice and the chicken curry in my next entry.
In this version, I added fresh lump crab meat, sliced snow peas, fresh peas, cilantro, and scrambled the eggs instead. I paired it with a sweet chili basil sauce.
Snow Pea Crab Scramble
Ingredients: Serves 4
1/2 cup peas
1 cup sliced snow peas
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1.5 cups lump crab meat (cooked)
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon ginger powder
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon black pepper
3 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Sweet Chili Sauce:
2 tablespoon fish sauce
5 tablespoon red vinegar
6 tablespoon brown sugar or white sugar
1 tablespoon chili flakes
2 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon salt
slurry (1 teaspoon cornstarch: 2 teaspoon water)–mix into until incorporated)
Method: (Sweet Chili sauce)
1. heat everything in small sauce pan. Taste and add more sugar or vinegar to get it more tangy and more fish sauce or salt to have it more salty.
2. Once the flavor is right, add your slurry and simmer until it thickens a bit.
3. Turn heat off and let it cool. Toss chopped thai basil in right before you serve the sauce.
Method: (Snow Pea Crab Scramble)
1. Take a large mixing bowl and add your eggs, peas, snow peas, cilantro and seasoning.
2. Whisk and pour into a hot non stick pan coated in a little olive oil.
3. Cook on medium heat until the eggs coagulate. Turn the heat on high and brown some bits of the egg.
4. Once the eggs are fully cooked and slightly browned serve immediately with your sauce. Mix with rice and it’s heavenly!