Rice crispy treats are one of my favorite sweet treats and the homemade ones are always the best. I personally find the ones you buy in stores a little too sweet. Plus they are so so easy to make, I’m not sure why anyone would need to buy them. You can make so many different versions with them, incorporating peanut butter, nuts, chocolate, etc. I saw some cookies made with M&M’s on Sugar and Cloth and loved the pastel M&M’s she had on her cookies. That inspired me to make rice crispy treats with my favorite M&M’s: Peanut Butter M&Ms and Pretzel M&M’s. I personally love the combination of peanut butter and pretzels with chocolate. It’s nice to get that mixed into the chewy goodness of your freshly made rice crispy treats
1 large bag of jet puffed marshmallows
1 whole bag of rice crispies cereal
1/4 cup butter (no salt)
1 cup Pretzel M&M
1 cup Peanut Butter M&M
1. Grease a large baking pan with butter or coconut oil
2. Line the pan with a large piece of foil that has also been greased and oiled down
3. Warm your 1/4 butter in a large mixing bowl until fully melted by heating in a microwave for 50-60 seconds.
4. Add your marshmallows, stir coat evenly and heat in microwave until all is melted (2 minutes)
5. Now add your rice crispies and stir quickly and add you M&M’s.
6. Quickly stir and pour into the baking pan lined with foil. Press down and let it chill.
7. After cool and set, flip over and remove foil. Slice into large squares and serve!