Brown Rice Crispy Treats w/ Dark Chocolate
Wanted to have some fun with my heart shaped and dinosaur shaped sandwich cutters. I used them to cut rice crispy treats with and then used the leftover trim to form rice crispy balls. I also used rice crispy cereal made of brown rice to make it a little healthier and drizzled dark chocolate over it.
1 bag of marshmallows
1 bag of rice crispy cereal (made of brown rice)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 sandwich or cookie cutters of your choice
1. Heat the butter in a large glass bowl.
2. Once it’s melted, add your marshmallow and coat evenly.
3. Put back in microwave and heat for 2 minutes or until marshmallow is melted.
4. Add your rice crispy cereal and toss until incorporated. Work fast.
5. Now pour the mixture into a non stick baking pan (the pan must be oiled and covered with a layer of oiled/buttered foil)
6. Press down the rice crispies and let it chill in the fridge until set.
7. Now remove from the pan by flipping it upside down and removing the foil.
8. Use your cutters and cut shapes.
Take the leftover trim and form into balls.
9. Heat your dark chocolate in a small bowl until melted and use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over your treats. I drizzled over a cutting board and used the board as a vessel to hold my treats in the fridge too.
10. Place them into the fridge again and let it chill.
Here are the ones I made:
* Heart shaped
* Dinosaur shaped
* Left over trim turned into Rice Crispy Balls
Serve immediately or bring to your office for a nice treat to share with others!