Tomatoe Bisque w/ Ham and Cheese Panini
To make a quick meal, you can heat up a carton of your favorite tomato soup from your local grocery store and make the ham cheese panini in a flat non stick pan rather than turning on that panini press (Which can take up to 5 minutes to heat up real nice).
Tomato Bisque Soup or Cream of Tomato
If you have some time, another shortcut way of making tomato bisque soup is to heat a stock pot with a little olive oil and caramelize some onions before you add your tomato paste, 2 cups vegetable stock, and 1 cup chopped tomatoes. Add 2 teaspoon oregano, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon thyme. Let it simmer for 15 minutes.Then use an immersion blender to puree the soup and then add 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Let it sit on the lowest heat while you start on your panini.
1. Heat a large non stick pan with a little olive oil
2. Spread 1 teaspoon honey mustard on each piece of flat bread
3. Now add a layer of cheese, then 3 layers of ham, then one more layer of cheese.
4. Top with your flat bread and place on the hot pan.
5. Turn the heat down to medium and let it slowly crisp up. If the heat is too high, you will burn your flat bread.
6. Flip sandwich over and crisp the other side.
7. Remove and heat the other sandwich.
8. Slice your panini and serve with your soup.
9. I garnished my soup with grated parmigiano reggiano in the center and drizzled some nice olive oil.
Now dig in and dip your sandwich in that bisque!