Teriyaki Chicken Protein Burrito Is my version of a light burrito. It has teriyaki chicken, salsa, guacamole, and mixed greens. I skipped the rice and the beans. This is a great light wrap I love having for lunch.
Teriyaki Chicken Protein Burrito
2 chicken breasts (pounded thin)
4 cups mixed greens
1/4 cup diced scallions and cilantro
4 tablespoon guacamole
4 tablespoon pico de gallo
2 tablespoon salsa
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (for marinade)
2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce for tossing the mixed greens
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 spinach tortilla
1. Marinate your chicken first with teriyaki marinade/dressing and sesame oil
2. Heat up your panini press or a non stick pan to high.
3. Panfry your chicken or grill in the press until cooked all the way through
4. Toss your mixed greens with the teriyaki sauce, scallions, cilantro
5. Place the spinach tortilla in foil and place on top of panini press. The heat from the top of the press will steam and heat your tortilla.
6. I like to add a little flavor to my tortilla by placing the tortilla in the press after the chicken is done (3o seconds). While you let the tortilla grill in the press, place your chicken on a cutting board and dice up.
7. Now you are ready to assemble your wrap.
8. Spread guacamole and then the pico de gallo.
9. Top with chicken and then the mixed greens.
10. NOw wrap it up!
11. Roll tightly and tuck in the ends.
12. Wrap with foil and slice diagonally.
13. Pair with tortilla chips and salsa. My favorite chips for dip are = it has soy and lime in it. It’s light and super tasty. I just love it!
Making burritos can be fun. You use your hands to assemble and it’s something that’s great to make with friends and family. Next time invite some friends over, make some margaritas, lay out a spread of chips, salsa, and guacamole, and all your essential burrito fillings and have a ball!