Miso Green Bean Salad w/ Almonds
I made this salad as a side for my Thanksgiving Meal. I love this salad because it’s super easy to make and is something you can have as a great side paired with any type of meal.
1 lb green beans or haricot verts (remove the tips)
1 stalk green onions (chopped)
1/4 cup slivered almonds
2 tablespoon white miso paste
4 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon honey or agave
1 tablespoon water
* Blanch your green beans. Bring a large pot of water to boil and let your green beans cook until just tender. Run the beans under cold water.
* Drain your green beans and let it sit in a bowl in the fridge. Let it chill while you make your dressing.
* Take a small bowl and put your miso, tamari, honey in it and drizzle sesame oil into it slowly and whisk vigourously. This will help emulsify your dressing. Taste your dressing and add more miso if you want more depth of flavor in your dressing, more honey if you want it sweeter and more tamari if you want it more salty.
* There will be tiny little miso chunks in your dressing which is fine. I actually prefer it to have a little.
* Now toss your green beans with the dressing, green onions, and half of the almonds. Garnish the top of your salad with the left over almonds.