Here is my full proof recipe for how you can make the fluffiest and softest scrambled eggs. Sometimes, the most basic dishes executed extremely well is the best way to go when it comes to breakfast. Nothing fancy or fussy is necessary. This past summer, we rented a villa and made many of our meals. Here is the simple breakfast I put together for our group. I decided to make a soft scramble and some Nutella Stuffed French Toast. This post will feature the egg recipe and my next post will have my French Toast recipe so keep an eye out for it.
Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs (Serves 4)
* 8 whole eggs (preferably organic)
* 1/2 cup whole milk or heavy cream ( you could also do 1/4 cup whole milk and 1/4 cup water to lighten up the calories)
* salt and pepper for seasoning
* optional (fresh herbs finely minced such as parsley and chives would be excellent) you could also use dried herbs if you like (since all we had in the kitchen was dried parsley and basil, that is what I used)
* Heat your nonstick pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter until melted
* Toss all your ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly
* Now pour all the ingredients into the pan and stir slowly on low heat
* The eggs will take a while to slowly cook and curdle. It is very important to cook it on low heat.
* The eggs will slowly coagulate and create some clumps and that is what you want. Once most of the liquid clumps together, your eggs are ready.
* The eggs will be extremely soft and fluffy since you cooked it on low heat. Think of custards when you think of these eggs. It’s absolutely divine!