Kat’s Turkey Jack Sandwich and Summer Corn Salad
If you can’t already tell, I’m currently obssessed with making sandwiches. I can never get tired of it because there are so many different renditions you can make out of it. I lean towards using turkey a lot because I’m trying to be healthy conscious eat lean proteins. So here is another turkey deli sandwich recipe which I paired with a nice summer corn salad. Corn is in season right now and they tasting extra sweet and delish, so I try to utilize it more in my dishes. I also added a pita chips as a substitute for potato chips. Although pita chips are not exactly the healthiest thing to be eating, it does provide a nice alternative to chips and I never go crazy with them and eat a whole bag. 3-5 pieces is usually enough for me as an accompanientment to my already satisfying sandwich.
Ingredients for Sandwich:
1/4 lb Pepper turkey
4 slices of american jack cheese
handful of mixed greens
a few slivers of red onions
3 slices of tomatoes( half circle shape)
mustard and light mayo
olive oil and red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
crusty roll but soft
Ingredients for Summer Corn Salad:
1/4 cup mixed greens
1/2 cup fresh corn sliced off the cob (boil corn first and let it cool or for an even better option, grill your corn then slice off kernel)—-you can also use corn from a can or frozen corn if you are pressed for time. Fresh corn however makes the best salads
few slivers of red onions
1 teaspoon parsley
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
juice of half lemon
salt and pepper to taste
* Assemble your salad first by combining all the ingredients together and set aside
* Now assemble your sandwich, mustard and mayo on both sides of the roll.
* In a bowl, toss your greens and onions in a little olive oil, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper
* Now layer your turkey, then the cheese, the tomatoes, and then the greens and onions mixture which you tossed already with dressing.
* Now top your sandwich with the other half of the bread. Wrap it up in parchment paper or butcher paper and slice diagonally.
* Plate it with some summer corn salad and a few pita chips.
This will be an absolutely perfect lunch with all the right accoutrements. Happy eating!