Here is my recipe for Ginger Mint Limeade:
(For an extra kick, add some rum or vodka and you’ve got a perfect drink to wind down with, after work)
Ingredients: (serves 1)
1/2 a lime
1/2 a lemon sliced thin
4-5 torn mint leaves and 1 sprig of mint for garnish
2-3 tablespoons of sugar (you can use brown sugar, agave nectar, honey or simple syrup)
slice of ginger for garnish
1 can of ginger ale
Lots of ice
* Muddle the lemon, lime, and sugar in a clear tall glass (If you don’t have a muddler, you can simply squeeze the lime and lemon juice into the glass and use a spoon to mix all the ingredients together).
* Taste the base for tartness and sweetness. Keep in mind that the flavor will be stronger because you have not added the ice and the ginger ale which will dilute the base. If you want it more tart, add more lemon or limes. If you want it more sweet, add some more sweetener (sugar, agave, simple syrup, etc)
* Once the base is good, should be sweet and tart, add the torn mint leaves.
* Fill glass with ice to top and fill the rest with ginger ale. Take a spoon and give it a couple swirls.
* Garnish with a sprig of mint and a slice of ginger.
Take that glass outside and enjoy that weather!